1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
- My cell phone. I feel naked without it.
2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
-I wanted to be a rock star. I used to stand on the hearth in my parents living room and sing into my Mr. Microphone for hours upon hours. And if there was a video camera around, I was gonna stand in front of it and put on a show. Nowadays, I can hardly carry a tune in a bucket and if you get a video camera anywhere near me, I clam up.
3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
-I really don't have a favorite chocolate recipe, but I do have a favorite chocolate dessert! Ben and Jerry's S'Mores ice cream. This stuff is clearly sent from heaven just for me to devour. I know it's nothing I can make myself, but boy if I could!!! My mouth is watering just thinking of it now!
4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
-I pack up the hubby and the pup and we head home to NC for a little family time to get centered again. Nothing will shock you back to life better than spending quality time with your family and friends.
5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
-Talk about all your worries and concerns with your spouse before they leave. Lay all the feelings and fears out on the table and keep the lines of communication open. The worst thing you can do is push each other away before D day arrives. It's also a good idea to take some time to travel away together, just the two of you. This will give you time to decompress and enjoy each others company before the long months apart. Besides, this is what you'll have to look forward to:
|D's Homecoming--January 2011|