If you've found your way here, it means one (or all) of three things. One- you love to travel. Two- you have some affiliation with the military. Three- my mommy told you to read my blog. That last one's sad, but true. Either way, I'm glad you stopped by and I hope you stay awhile! Now...more about me!
I'm a 27-year-old wife, daughter, sister, and shopaholic with a BS in Nutrition & Wellness. I've left my family and friends back in the great state of North Carolina to follow my sweet hubby, David (also known as "D" on the blog), as he travels around the world kicking butt and taking names as an officer in the United States Air Force. That's right, I said it. He's kind of a big deal. :)
In June of 2011, the military packed up our life and moved us across the pond to start a life of adventure in Germany! After 3 amazing years abroad, traveling to 28 different countries and making memories all across Europe, we recently made our way back to America to start a new chapter by the sea in the Sunshine State!
I started this little ol' blog back in the spring of 2011 to keep our family and friends up to speed on our adventures living abroad. Today, you'll find much of the same topics (although my interests are widely varied) including peeks into our daily life as a military family, our exciting travels around Europe, our new life as homeowners and Floridians, and my obsession with wine, cooking, and reality TV. If you watch the Bachelorette or Real Housewives of Any City USA, let's talk.
10 random tidbits about yours truly:
1) Although I'm a nutritionist, my motto is, "Do as I say, not as I do." I won't sugar coat it...I'm a Foodie first, nutritionist second. I have a slight love affair with good food. And the truth is, I don't workout for fun...I workout to eat. Like with everything in life, moderation is key.
2) I am a published poet. Seriously.
3) I lost my 5th grade spelling bee for misspelling the word "experiment." That word still haunts me to this day.
4) I can't watch an animal die on TV or otherwise...especially if it's a dog. I blame Tucker and his tugging on my heart strings. I love and spoil that pup like I birthed him myself. Because of that, I cry when crocodiles die. Hey, that croc was somebodies baby! Don't judge me.
5) I'm a big believer that laughter is the best medicine. I'm a sucker for sarcasm, quick wittedness, and dry humor. You might find a lot of that here on the blog. You might find a lot of serious stuff, too.
6) I like to write my own recipes. Someday I hope to write my own cookbook.
7) I was raised in a Christian, church-going household and someday, when we have children of our own, we'll raise them the same way. God is the cornerstone of our home, our marriage, and our lives in general. My walk with Him is always growing and changing, and although I might not talk about it much here, there's no doubt about it. He is my Lord and Savior. Forever.
8) I can't fall asleep with any doors, drawers, or blinds open. Fact. I will die if I ever see a pair of eyes staring at me from any dark open space.
9) I'm perfectly happy sporting a pair of sweat pants and staying home all day just hanging out with me, myself, and I (ok, and the Mr. too). My exterior screams social butterfly, but I'm an introvert at heart. Thankfully, I can turn it off and on.
10) I've loved the same man (and only man) for almost half my life. You can read more about our love story here.
If you're new to these parts, here are a few posts to get you up to speed:
For more of our European travels, be sure to check out my WANDERLUST page!