- If you ever wanted to know what life is like with a Dachshund, this article hits the nail on the head. It's funny, now that Tuck is back in our lives, I've grown to adore that pup more and more. He's such a different dog than when we left him with my parents 3 years ago. More loving, much sweeter, and he LISTENS! I guess that comes with age, but I also like to think our absence made all our hearts grow fonder. But, he still is a classic Dachshund through and through. The whole putting the ball under the couch thing is our one constant battle. But that sideways run, tho. Too cute for words!
- I honestly can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. And that Christmas is right on our heels. It's been almost 5 months since we left Germany. Life moves too dang fast, you guys.
- Change "studying abroad" to "living in" and this article speaks volumes to the state of my heart right now. Christmas market season is upon us and I may or may not have checked out plane ticket prices. Not happening, unfortunately, but Germany is still in the forefront of my mind these days. I miss it constantly. Ruined is an understatement.
- On the other hand, Florida has the potential to ruin us for life as well. The jury's still out, but I could see it happening. I am quite enjoying the constant sandal-wearing!
- I finally had my first Universal Studios Orlando experience. That place is SO different from Disney, but in a really fun way. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Harry Potter was the best part (hello, butterbeer!). I really loved our day there even though I was terrified on 99% of the rides I rode. It's definitely the kind of amusement park you should enjoy with friends. Doing so made our day there even more hilarious (re: they all enjoyed laughing at my scaredy cat-ness). We might actually become Universal passholders now, too!
- I had every intention of announcing the super awesome new endeavor I've been working on for the last month, but I'm still not quite ready just yet. A few loose ends need tying up first. I truly underestimated how long this process would actually take, but through the delay I've learned that in order for something to really work, really matter, and really become a success...it takes TIME. I can't rush this. So, keep staying tuned? ;)
- It's beginning to finally feel a bit like fall here in Central Florida. At least in the early morning and at night. We're not in scarf and boot weather just yet, but I'm feeling like it's more and more possible with each passing day.
- The house is slowly but surely starting to feel more like a home. We still have far too many half-empty rooms, but I'm beginning to shush that nagging inner voice that's been telling me I need to get it all done NOW. Money doesn't grow on trees, that's for darn sure!
- I haven't taken a single photo with my DSLR camera in over a month now. It feels weird, yet sort of liberating. Not having to lug that beast around with me every place I go has been nice (and my back and shoulders are rejoicing!), but I'm sad that I don't have beautiful photos of recent travels to share. That's just not a major part of my life right now. It's still a tough pill to swallow.
- Speaking of my lack of exciting travels, I've lost numerous Instagram followers since moving back to the states. I knew it would happen with the change in feed scenery (it's only natural), but I wasn't expecting it to sting this much. I know it's so stupid to even care, but the truth of the matter is, it's a constant reminder that our life is so very different from what it once was. Like a raw wound that won't heal because I can't quit picking at it. I've got to learn to be ok with the fact that people may not care or feel invested in our lives now that we're not jaunting off to swoon-worthy destinations on the regular. I can't apologize for the change in life direction. Or the fact that we really love visiting Disney World.
- In other news, I've been quite obsessed with a few things lately: shaken green teas at Starbucks, the new Taylor Swift album (I know, I hate myself, too), this bath robe, watching TrueTori & Couples Therapy (trainwrecks--I can't look away!), Emily Jefford's art prints, big bowls of salad for dinner, this European push-pin map (need it!), and spending way too much time walking the aisles of World Market.
What's been happening in your world lately?