Newly transplanted Floridian. Blogger. Travel Agent. Former Expat. Perpetual Traveler. Come say hi!
May 8, 2014
The Duchess of Plumewood's Top 10 'Other' Countries to Visit
Hi everyone, I'm Katherine and I blog over at The Duchess of Plumewood! Since most everyone who reads Casey's blog are travel fiends or at least wanderlust connoisseurs, I wanted to present something different in the travel department. Let's face it, when most people think of traveling abroad they think of: France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, or perhaps China (if they're feeling wild), but there are some places on earth that should not be overlooked. Not only for the fact that they are incredibly amazing and beautiful, but because they will make you go WOW when you're there.
Here's a list of the Top Ten "Other" Countries to Visit
1. Bolivia: The Southern Altiplano and it's train cemetery & Salar de Uyuni the largest salt lake in the world
2. Zambia: Victoria Falls & The Zambize River & South Luangwa National Park
3. Montenegro: Hiking the Black Mountain & sunning in the bay
4. Chile: The Atacama Desert in which some parts haven't seen rain since record keeping began & Easter Island
5. Madagascar: The Rova Royal Palace & Analakely Market
6. Norway: Seeing the Auriela Borealis & The North Cape & The Snow Hotel
7. Sri Lanka: Adam's Peak & Yala National Park with free running leopards & Anuradhapura
8. Ecuador: The steepest stretch of railway in the western world & Rainforests & The Galapagos Islands
9. Iceland: The Hvitserkur the petrified sea monster & Gullfoss waterfall & Vatnajokull Ice Caves
10. Antarctica: Duh!
So, the next time you start to plan a vacation, think about one of these places because let's face it, the road less traveled might be the best choice you can make!